God has a brighter future for you and what brings you to this brighter future among other things is divine direction. Isaiah 48:17, “Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit which leadeth the by the way that thou shouldest go”
God never positioned you to be on the ground, to crawl or to lack; His aim is for you to be ahead only and not behind. Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end”
Divine direction is a sure way out of frustration. If you want God to distinguish you on earth, you have to be directed. All our Fathers in the bible enjoyed divine direction
People Who Received Divine Direction
1. Abraham: In Genesis 12:1-4, God spoke to Abraham to leave his fathers land to a land he was going to show him. Abraham was a candidate of divine direction, no wonder he was distinguished in life.
Before He received direction, He (Abraham) was still scratching the floor in his father’s house.
The reason why most people in life are frustrated, unhappy and sad is because of lack of direction; until you are directed, you can’t prosper.
2. Isaac: In Genesis 26:1-3, Isaac wanted to go somewhere else but God said stay here. Divine direction is what makes you escape all forms of mistakes.
The reason why many people have lost their capital is because of misdirection.
Why Do We Need Divine Direction?
As human beings we are limited and cannot know everything except by God’s help. John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing”.
There is nothing you can do without God; you are limited as a human being, your knowledge is limited, your information is limited, your capacity as a human being is limited; it is God who knows everything.
1 Corinthians 1:25, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men”. We must understand that human beings have limits, God foolishness is wiser than your bachelors, masters and professor degrees.
Life can be very complex without you being directed in the way to go. The devil wants to deceive you like he deceived Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:1-7) to strip you naked and flush you out of your inheritance.
Adam and Eve lost their place in the garden because they failed to yield to divine direction.
Read Also: 8 Ways To Secure Family Rescue
Benefits Of Divine Direction
1. Access to Ideas and innovation: When you are divinely directed, you have access to ideas and innovation. In Genesis 30:37-43, Jacob enjoyed divine ideas and innovations. He was the first man to invent modernized way of animal husbandry; He was a veterinary doctor without going to veterinary school.
2. Peace and Joy: Whenever you are directed by God, you have peace. Whenever you feel that God is directing you and you don’t have peace, it is not God; anything you want to do and you have apprehension, God is not there.
3. Breakthrough: Any person who enjoys breakthrough is a person who is directed. It is God who directs a man to his breakthrough.
4. Wealth: Only the divinely directed can be wealthy. Wealth is a function of divine direction, it is a function of God showing you what to do per time.
God is the father of wealth. Deuteronomy 8:18, “But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today”. God is the one that gives wealth and that is why the bible says don’t labour to get wealth, seek God and He will give you wealth.
5. Safety and preservation: Anyone who is divinely directed enjoys safety and preservation. When there is trouble ahead, because you are directed,you won’t get there.
A directed person never gets into trouble and even if he does, God will show him what to do to get out of it. Divine direction brings safety to your family and business.
6. Favour: If you are divinely directed, you walk into favour. Esther was divinely directed and that is why she was the preferred virgin among other virgins.
Keys To Divine Direction
1. Humility: Only the humble can be directed. James 4:10, “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you”. Humility is not about the face but about the heart. You can be humble facially and proud in the heart. Humility is a thing of the heart.
If direction is your desire, humility is a requirement.
2. Prayer of enquiry: You don’t deserve answers except you ask questions. If your desire is to be directed, you must ask God. You must seek His face and He will answer you.
God created you to achieve something and you get to know this through seeking His face.
Don’t be a lazy Christian, be an enquirer. Spend quality time praying.
3. Be a worshiper: Every worshiper is a directed person. The place of worship is the place of easy access to God’s mind. As you worship God, He draws closer to you. He puts His mouth closer to your ears and He speaks to you.
4. Befriend the Holy Spirit: One of the work of the Holy Spirit is to lead you. The spirit of God is a teacher. He leads in the way to follow. When you dissociate yourself from the Holy Spirit you can be mislead. The Holy Spirit leads you into greatness, He shows you what to do. The Holy Spirit is a personality, He is a person and He can lead You.
5. Renew your mind: You must realize that if you want to be directed, you must renew your mind. Don’t have a mindset already made up and be asking for direction. Let your mind be clear of evil thoughts.
6. Be watchful: God can speak anything so be watchful and observant. “You can’t time God”
Bible Verses About Divine Direction
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.
And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
2 Peter 1:21
For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.