The bible admonishes us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers and this cuts across all areas of our lives, most importantly, in our relationships. This post is especially for men – Christian men and every other man deliberate about the kind of woman they want in their life. There are behaviors that unbelievers exhibit which you should be on the look out for and stay away from.
1. The unbeliever: This goes without saying. As a Christian, you have no business being with a woman who does not believe in nor have any regard for God. Well, unless you are not interested in being a Christian anymore. Getting into a relationship with an unbeliever and hoping that she will change after marriage will be setting yourself up for disaster.
2. The addict: Contrary to what many men think, there are as much women as men who are addicted to harmful and ungodly vices like alcohol, sex, smoking and drugs. How do you intend to raise a godly family with a woman who is shackled by the spirit of addiction? It is either she seeks help and permanently gets clean or you stay away.
3. The materialistic one: In today’s world, many women are more interested in what a man can provide and the size of his pocket, than in the man himself. Unless you want to run into debts or wake up to find out that your partner will not stand by you when the chips are down, stay away from materialistic women.
4. The controller: Relationships should be about mutual submission to one another’s counsel. When one person stays calling the shot, danger begins to loom ahead. If you notice that a woman wants things to go her way all the time, it will be in your best interest to let her go.
5. The debtor: She is basic the same as the materialistic one. A woman who has a habit of getting into debt will most definitely run your resources to the ground someday by racking up bills and leaving you to deal with them.
6. The dramatic: The last thing anyone who desires to live long wants is endless and unnecessary drama. Proverbs 21 verse 9 says, ‘Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.’ Unless you want to live the most part of your life fighting and screaming down the house, avoid women that thrive on drama.
7. The Nag: After the dramatic, a woman who always has something to complain about, is bad news. This is because she will always have a problem with everything you do and even when you try to fix things, there will always be something for her to criticize.
8. The Haughty: An arrogant woman will not only make you feel small and undeserving, she could cause you to stray from God if you decide to match her pride with ego. Remember that God does not like proud people. Note that there is a difference between confidence and arrogance.