Prayer is communion and cooperation with God. It is through prayer that we approach the throne of God with our praises, thanks, confessions, and requests.From physical to spiritual benefits, daily prayer can benefit you and those you pray for. Here are 7 powerful benefits of praying daily
1. Daily prayer helps you develop a relationship with God: Similar to your earthly parents, God wants to hear from you, and He wants to talk to you. When you pray, He does listen. Then, as you reflect quietly, He answers you in the form of thoughts, spiritual feelings, scriptures, or even the actions of other people.
2. Daily prayer helps you gain an understanding of Gods and his loving nature: The scriptures teach that God is love. You can feel that love as you speak daily with Him through prayer, seeking His guidance in your life, and feeling Him answer your petitions just like a loving parent—which He is!
READ ALSO: 6 Awesome Benefits Of The Holy Spirit
3. Daily prayer provides answers: Praying and listening to the answers God gives you can help you better understand your purpose in life. You begin to understand where you came from before you were born and where you will go after you die.
4. Daily prayer helps you find direction in your life: When you vocally and humbly pray to God in a quiet, secluded place, you can work through serious decisions in your life. God listens and provides guidance and even specific answers in some cases. Even when He chooses not to answer directly, prayer itself is a way to align yourself with God’s will and find peace in your life.
5. Daily prayer gives you strength to avoid temptation: The scriptures teach that as we pray, we can overcome Satan’s temptations. When you feel that you aren’t strong enough to avoid wrongdoing, pray for God’s help to keep you from making the wrong choice or committing sin. This will give you real, physical strength to do what is right.
6. Daily prayer aligns your will with God’s will: The purpose of prayer is not necessarily to tell God how you want Him to do things. Rather, it’s to better understand Him and His ways, bringing yourself in alignment with His will. In the words of C.S. Lewis, prayer “doesn’t change God. It changes me.”
7. Prayer Builds Your Confidence: Many of us think that we could handle life’s challenges better if we only had self confidence. While self confidence helps, it is limited to only what we can do by ourselves. When you make prayer a habit, God’s presence in you grows stronger and stronger and so does your confidence. Because prayer helps you to see your situation through the eyes of faith, it builds up your boldness.