The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Lord and Giver of Life in the Nicene creed. He is The Creator Spirit, present before the creation of the universe and through his power everything was made in Jesus Christ, by God the Father. Having the Holy Spirit in you comes with diversity of many perks. Some are indefinable but there are some that varies from individuals to individuals. A Christian without the Holy Spirit is like a naked human and is prone to any attack from anywhere. I have written down few awesome benefits of the Holy Spirit.
1. The Holy Spirit is an all-time comforter: The word “comforter” means “one to run to our side and pick us up.” This is what Jesus had done while He was on the earth.One with the Holy Spirit enjoys joy, comfort and peace of mind. Worries and troubles will exist far from you.
READ ALSO: 6 Powerful Benefits of Praying Daily
2. The Holy Spirit protects you: As said earlier, receiving the Holy Spirit defends you from any attack or evil happening. That little voice that advised you not to go there, that intuition that tells you what to do and what not to do, that’s the Holy Spirit.
3. Intercession: He intercedes for you in prayers and groaning to the Son and to the Father, praying for you in areas you want, and those you need, that you may not know of. He tells them of each of your needs.
READ ALSO: 5 Things The Holy Spirit Will Do For You
4. Teaches you more of God’s word: We all at some point found it difficult understanding the bible. Most times, the word of God is so plain, yet more like it has underlying meaning to it, there the Holy Spirit helps, it helps you understand the in-depth meaning of every word you read.
5. Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit: Do you know every Attribute attached to a Christian is only gotten from having the spirit? Which of the gifts of the Holy Spirit? Which of the gifts of the Holy Spirit? From teaching, prophecy and ministering which help in evangelism and daily living of a Christian is only gotten from the Holy Spirit?
6. He guides your prayers: Sometimes we can’t find the right words for prayer, and in this situation, you can trust Holy Spirit to guide you in your praying.
There’s not much to be said on why you need the Holy Spirit, it is an essential part of your life as a Christian and the most important after giving your life to Christ.