1. Using words to hurt, maim and destroy your marriage: Although men are stronger physically, women have the advantage when it comes to verbal acumen. On average, women speak nearly three times more than men. Women are talkers and have learned how to use words for the most effectiveness.
2. Criticize him, make fun of him and belittle him to your friends and family: When you criticize and belittle your husband, you not only diminish your husband in your eyes, but you also poison those closest to you. You force them to take sides, and of course they choose your side, because they want to be loyal to you.
3. Never being happy: One of the quickest ways to destroy your marriage is to spend all your time acting miserable and unhappy. The goal of marriage should be peace and happiness. If the goal is to be happily married, it is up to you to exercise self control. Only you can make yourself happy.
4. Picking the wrong man: You repeat the pattern again. And again. You meet a man. You like him. You start dating. Then you begin to notice the tiny flaws. The chinks in his armor. He yells, just like your dad did. He drinks and becomes abusive. ” you tell yourself, “I’ll fix him after we get married.” Stop right there. There is no fixing it. You cannot change the basic nature of other people.
5. Using sarcastic and critical statements, gestures, and facial expressions: This is a quick and easy way to show your husband that you don’t respect him or his opinion. Men can become overwhelmed by the barrage of criticism coming at them. The result is they shut down, withdraw, and seek kindness and approval elsewhere.