Everybody want to be successful. However, success is not attained by just thinking about it or wishing for it to happen. To be successful, you must put in the work and give up certain things that would potential get in the way. Oh yes, the road to success is not an easy one and that its why it is road less travelled. Are you curious to find out what you must give up if you desire success? Then, keep reading.
- Fear of failure: This fear has kept millions of people from being successful. Not only does fear make one unhappy, it keeps them from being fulfill, living their dreams and attaining greatness. The ironic part is that most times, the fear is unfounded – confined to the mind and not physical in any way. What is the worst that could happen? It is better to fail and know that you tried than not try at all.
- Thinking you are not good enough: There is a drop of greatness in everyone. The difference between you and the next successful person, is how much you believe in yourself; in your potentials. You are the one holding yourself back because you are filled with self-doubt. Rid yourself of the garment of I-cannot-do-it. You can do anything you set your mind to do.
- Excuses, excuses, excuses: You always have an excuse for everything? Your shortcomings? Your failure to meet deadlines? For not following up on your to-do list? Well, you can never be successful if you keep making excuses. If something is important to you, you will find a way; on the other hand, if it is not, there will always be an excuse. It is up to you.
- Distractions: Winston Churchill rightly said that one will never get to their destination if they stop to throw stones at every dog that barks. Observe successful people around you. Even if the person is known for multiple things today, it was one thing that make them successful before they decided to branch out. So, if you desire success, you must focus on that one thing you want and pursue it with everything you’ve got.
- The concept of impossibility: Before the Wright brothers invented the airplane, the world believed that nothing like that was possible. But that did not stop them. Imagine what it would have been like if they listened to the voice that screamed ‘impossible.’ Thomas Edison tried ten thousand times before he finally figured out how to make a light bulb work. If you believe in your dreams, even the sky will be too low for you.