Relationships are more than being attracted to someone or scared of staying single. No, it is much more than that. If you see a future with the person who are dating or intend to date, you must ask some important questions and find out their stand on certain issues, to be sure of what you are getting into. There are a lot of questions that should be asked in a relationship. This article will highlight ten of them.
1. What do you want out of this relationship?: This question is the most important to find out in the first stages of a budding relationship. It helps to define the relationship. The answer you get will determine if you will continue with the relationship or not.
2. What are you looking for in a partner?: If you know what they want, you will be able to tell if it is something you can offer or put up with. It will be a waste of time to be with someone who is looking for a kind of partner that you will never be.
3. How did your last relationship end?: This question is a dicey one because you are not hundred percent certain that you will get the truth. However, it is worth asking anyway. This way, you will have an idea of the kind of person you are dealing with.
4. Are you over your ex?: The last thing you want is someone using you as a rebound to get over a heartbreak. You also do not want your partner talking about their ex every so often as this can put a strain in your relationship. If they are not over their ex, then, they need to be alone till they get their life today. Nobody deserves to hide in an ex’s shadow.
5. Do you believe in God?: If you are a Christian or believer, this is a very paramount question. The bible tells us not to be unequally yoked to unbelievers. An unbeliever will cause you to backslide in your faith and you really do not want that.
6. What is your definition of a good relationship?: The answer you get to this question will tell a lot about your partner/ prospective partner’s values and expectations in your relationship. You will be able to know if they want the same thing you do or not.
7. Have you been married before?: There are many cases of people who hid their former marital status and when confronted with the truth, claimed that they did not talk because they were not asked. To prevent awkward situations like this, ask anyone whom you are getting into a relationship with, if they have been married before.
8. Do you have a child?: A lot of single mothers and fathers do not like disclosing this fact because they fear that it will scare prospective partners away. But a child is not something that can be hidden for long. Also, some people cannot deal with single parents. If you are one of such people, endeavor to always ask before getting into relationships.
9. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?: You want to know if the person whom you are in a relationship with has a plan for their future or not. Best believe that some adults do not know what they want out of life. Such adults do not take risks and will have no problem with remaining in one spot for years. If you want to be successful, you should not date such unambitious people.
10. What do you want you family to be like?: Two cannot work together except they agree. If you intend to spend your life with someone and have children with them, the both of you have to talk about the type of family you want to have and this includes the number of children you want.